Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Too Late Again


Originally, I had planned to participate at Lisa's Creative Exchange yesterday and then post another photo for Texture Tuesday today. But sometimes life goes not always as planned, so here today once again a combined entry.

First of all, thank you all so much for your nice and encouraging words on my last post - I really appreciate it and I actually felt better, knowing I'm not alone in this! And I think I should try not to focus too much on flower shots.

That said, here's yet another flower shot. I guess my husband had enough of my complaining about the wind preventing flower shots and surprised me with this wonderful lily on Saturday. He told me that he explicitly chose this flower as he thought it would be wonderful to take pictures of. So I HAD to do another flower shot. :-)

I used one layer of Kim's free texture "Yesteryear" on this photo for Texture Tuesday. And now I'll hurry to link it up before it's Wednesday.

Have a wonderful week!

23 comments:

Evelyn S. said...

Your husband did well! It's a beautiful yellow, so rich in color! Lilies are fascinating flowers, anyway, and you've captured it so well, Rosie! The texture gives it just a hint of vintage feel, I think.

Anonymous said...

It's never too late for another one of Rosie's flower images! The perspective, composition, and processing all come together so beautifully! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Gina said...

Hey, Rosie-- I don't know what's wrong with blogger, but that's me with the comment above. :)
Gina

Linda said...

this is beautiful!

helena said...

beautiful image - lovely warm contrast between slower and background

urban muser said...

that is so sweet of your husband. great shot.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a sweetheart he is, and this is just beautiful Rosie.
Such a gorgeous lemony yellow, and I love the way you composed it!

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful day!

lisa.

Nancy said...

Awww, how nice of your hubby to help you out. That is very sweet.

Such a pretty lily -- yellow doesn't get much face time in the lily world and I think it should. Great texture. :)

Renee Howell said...

Perfect! The lily and the texture. very nice!

Pat said...

What a thoughtful hubby! Your photo turned out beautifully. I like the texture treatment.

Tricia said...

What a beautiful photo. Sounds like you have a good guy :)

Anna said...

Nice capture! I love the stately shape of lilies - they're all about bold form! That is one sweet husband that you've got :)

Gail Dixon said...

What a sweet husband you have. This is beautiful. The texture work is nice and subtle.

lesley said...

What a thoughtful husband to choose the perfect flower! Love the composition and the treatment.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I see your point. Sure life is often taking it´s own turns. I like the work you have done.
It is soft and pleasant. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Linda, How sweet! You definately had to photograph it, we must always savor being given flowers - thanks for sharing it with all of us too!!!

Justine said...

I love this shot, so sweet of your husband to buy you flowers too!

Annika said...

Hello there and thanks for stopping by my blog. Lovely shot, the yellow is so vibrant. And your husband sounds like a keeper! :o)

Kat Sloma said...

It's lovely Rosie! I love the yellow, and great composition.

Unknown said...

What a great shot. Looks beautiful..

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

so beautiful!!!

Kala said...

Gorgeous composition and processing.

Margaret said...

Very buttery and full of light. I really like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...