Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Black and White Wednesday


It's Black and White Wednesday at The Long Road to China. I've been visiting quite often to have a look at all those wonderful entries but never joined, as black and white photography isn't really my strong point.

But today, with Justine's challenge of a "black and white November" in my mind, I decided to participate with the photo above. The original shows that it's the broken window of a red-brick building - obviously abandoned.

Despite the black and white I wish you a colourful Wednesday!

12 comments:

Jude said...

Oh how wonderful - I'm always intrigued when I see something like this, makes me wonder about the life the building once had...what were the people like who used it... Anyway, this is a lovely b&w, a bit mysterious :) (Btw, I can *finally* follow you - yippee! Thanks to my computer doctor yesterday :)).

Charlene said...

Love, love the desolate yet pretty feel of your photo...very nice!

Betty Jo said...

Awesome B&W! I love, love, love shooting old windows and haven't done so in quite a while. Must put that on my to-do list!!

Justine said...

I love this, it is such a great window, so much going on in it and it is great for black and white.

Hannah said...

I love this in black and white...so much drama!

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great shot - definitely shows a little drama!

Lisa Gordon said...

I know it may be odd, but there is something about abandoned buildings that I really love. I think it makes me wonder what might have been when the buildings were intact, and I like that. Super shot Rosie!!

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Ah, the perfect shot for both themes. It's so mysterious, I like it a lot.

Unknown said...

It's amazing how prominent the broken glass sections appear once the colour is removed. Certainly offers a whole new perspective. There is a lot to be said for black and white!

Tommy Andre Nekkoy said...

This is a brilliant shot - Well Done

Katie said...

Lovely shot!! Are those vines growing through the windows??

Anonymous said...

Theres definitely a story to this window. Great shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...